In today’s 1st match of the Women’s Big Bash League 2019, Sydney Thunder Women will take off against Sydney Sixers Women. For their first opening match of the tournament, both the teams are looking quite energetic and prepared with the goal of taking this match. Both STW and SSW are looking forward to owning this match and want to be positioned 1st on the points table. Without any of the doubt, it’s obvious that this opening match will be going to blow your minds.
STW vs SSW Match Details:
Date: Friday, 18th October, 2019
Time: 2:10 PM IST
Venue: North Sydney Oval, Sydney
The STW vs SSW TOSS will take place at 2 PM IST.
Both the teams are supposed to have a 13 team members squad for this tournament. If we look at the last 5 matches played between Sydney Thunder Women and Sydney Sixer Women, then it has been recorded that both the teams have won 2 matches and lost 2 matches with 1 drawn match. It’s quite clear both SSW and STW are of the same level and could give a tough fight to each other.
STW vs SSW TEAM SQUADs:
Sydney Thunder Women:
Samantha Bates, Alex Blackwell, Nida Dar, Hannah Darlington, Rene Farrel, Lisa Griffith, Rachael Haynes (C), Saskia Horley, Shabnim Ismail, Phoebe Litchfield, Kate Peterson, Rachel Priest, Naomi Stalenberg
STW Team News:
- There will be Phoebe Litchfield, Kate Peterson, Hannah Darlington, and Saskia Horley, the newest additions to the squad.
- Rachel Trenaman and Tahlia Wilson will no more the part of the team and won’t be playing this tournament cause of the HSBC studies and injury concerns respectively.
Sydney Sixer Women:
Sarah Aley, Alisha Bates, Erin Burns, Stella Campbell, Maddy Darke, Ashleigh Gardner, Alyssa Healy, Jodie Hicks, Emma Hughes, Marizanne Kapp, Ellyse Perry(c), Hayley Silver-Holmes, Lauren Smith
SSW Team News:
- The newly added players to the squad will be Alisha Bates, Stella Campbell, Maddy Darke, and Emma Hughes.
- Lauren Cheatke, the left-arm bowler won’t be a part of the game as she’s injured.
- Dane Van Niekerk won’t be playing particularly this match only.