Almost after two years, Amazon has finally introduced a new language changer feature of its most popular baby, Alexa! The smart speaker will now be seen responding in Hindi language too. To access this exciting language changing feature, What you required to do is ask Alexa, “Help me Set Up Hindi”. Amazon has launched two newbies, Echo Dot and Echo Plus. But only one, Echo plus is supporting this Hindi language feature.
The users, especially Indians can now change the device language to Hindi via the language settings on the Alexa app. Just swipe down from the top of the screen & the language settings option will be there. Amazon never go off a chance to amuse us! And, this time it’s Amazon smart baby, Alexa which is now able to understand instructions such as “Bollywood ke latest gane sunao”, “cricket score batao”, “sher ki aawaaz sunao”, or “Alexa, apne baare mei batao”.
Let’s have a look over the specifications & functionalities of the newbies, Echo Plus & Echo Dot.
Echo Plus(with Hinglish Support)
- Alexa’s all new baby, Echo Plus 2nd Generation has come up with a launch price of ₹14,999.
- Echo Plus is available in three colors: Black, Grey, and White.
- This smart speaker has enhanced with built-in 7 mics and smart hub capabilities.
- Alexa Echo Plus is powered by Dolby available with mind-blowing 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass.
- With this premium speaker along with your favourite music, you can also ask for the weather report, read the news, set alarms, and control compatible home devices.
- Also, you can adjust the equalizer settings just by saying, “Alexa, increase the bass”.
- With Alexa Echo Plus, you either can make phone calls, Skype, or also can use it as a one-way intercom. The only condition is your friend or someone who you’re calling to is supposed to have an echo device too.
- Ask Alexa Echo Plus to order food, book cabs, jokes, Shayari, games and other 15000+ skills.
- Since Echo Plus is supporting the Hindi language feature, you can access the Hindi content such as Kabir ke dohe, Panchtantra stories, Bollywood dialogues.
- Unfortunately, there’s no in-built battery in the device. So, you’ll be required to plug your baby with the power supply.
Echo Dot(without having Hindi language support)
- Echo dot 3rd Generation actual cost including GST is ₹4,499 but Amazon is providing it on a launch price of ₹3,999.
- The smart speaker is available in three exclusive colours: Charcoal, Heather Grey, and Sandstone.
- The most compact smart speaker has come up with fabric design and improved sound quality.
- It can either be connected with Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, and Gaana. You just need to ask for an artist, genre or song.
- Echo dot compatibility with other home devices such as Philips, Wipro, Syska, and many more is commendable.
- With Echo dot, you can even book cabs, order food online, play games and what else not!
- The only thing which can bother you is Echo dot doesn’t have an in-built battery. The reason being it always needs to be plugged into the power supply.
So, what are your views about the two new Amazon launches of Alexa? I’m going to buy this smart device for sure and experience the revolutionary Alexa Hinglish feature. Recommends you for the same. If you’ve anything do share with us by leaving a comment below! We would love to hear from you.